Another all year round salad, another fruit in a savoury dish. This is just perfect combination of all the ingredients, everything is in their place here.
Blue cheese and pear salad
Makes 2 portions
- Extra virgin olive oil, 25 g
- Dijon mustard, 5 g
- Balsamic vinegar, 5 g
- Honey, 5 g
- Lemon juice, 5 g
- Salt, pepper
- Pecan nuts, 75 g
- Brown sugar, preferably Muscovado, 15 g
- Cayenne pepper, pinch
- Pear, firm, 1
- Blue cheese, 75 g
- Mixed leaf salad, 1 bag
- Rocket salad, handful
- Make the dressing with olive oil, mustard, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix it well and put aside.
- Slightly toast the nuts in the preheated to 150°C oven. 10 minutes should be enough.
- Leave the nuts in the switched off oven, you need them warm. Meanwhile melt the sugar in the thick bottomed pan or skillet on medium fire. Be careful - the dark brown sugar burns very easily.
- When the sugar is melted, take it off the fire, add a pinch of cayenne pepper and nuts, stir well with a wooden spoon and quickly tip them onto the baking paper or silicone mat in one layer.
- Cut the pear in half, core it and slice it.
- Now you are ready to build your salad in individual plates - put the salad leaves and rocket, place the sliced pear in the center, crumble the cheese on top and sprinkle with the nuts.
- Pour the dressing over just before serving.
This salad is so good that it’s never enough 😅